Thursday, May 3, 2012

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain - Pre-Instruction

I'm determined to finally start and finish some of my many drawing books, one at a time. I figure I need the basics (and the development of the  "artist's eye") the most at the beginning, so I'm starting with [I]Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain[/I].

Here's my pre-instruction drawings, to gauge my starting point before I work through the rest of the book. I feel pretty good about them actually! Then again, I've been drawing for a "little while" so I'm not a complete noob.

Specifically, I "know about" drawing with 3D form instead of just 2D shape, some basic rules of perspective, and guidelines for drawing both the head and hand. The difference between "knowing about" them and "knowing/understanding" them is that you gain true understanding through practicing what you "know about"! Here's to finally going through one of my many books and learning everything I can from it!




No comments:

Post a Comment